Bungie has announced that today, the next chapter in the Destiny universe has begun with the launch of the Destiny 2: Beyond Light expansion, the first in a trilogy of expansions that marks a new age of Destiny 2 and reaffirms Bungie’s commitment to Destiny 2 for years to come. In addition to the launch of the new expansion, a new season of content also arrives with the debut of Season of the Hunt, which kicks off its story campaign on November 17.
Both Season of the Hunt and the Beyond Light expansion will continue the thrilling narrative featuring Guardians in their ongoing battle to save humanity. In Beyond Light, players will explore the mysteries of Europa as they battle Eramis, the Fallen Kell of Darkness, who is determined to control the new power of Stasis to further her nefarious aims. Meanwhile, in Season of the Hunt, Guardians will engage in exciting Wrathborn Hunt events as they battle the Hive God of War, Xivu Arath.
The launch of a new Destiny 2 expansion also means a new raid, one of Destiny’s pinnacle aspirational activities that requires six skilled Guardians working collaboratively in sync to accomplish an achievement greater than any one person could do on their own. The Deep Stone Crypt raid will launch for all Beyond Light owners on November 21, kicking off a fan-favorite, worldwide competition to be the first fireteam to complete the epic raid, which is set on the icy frontier of Europa. Glory, title belts, and history-making await the World First six-player fireteam after Bungie’s confirmation of the official results. Look for the official announcement of the “World First” team in the days following the launch of the Deep Stone Crypt raid.
The launch of next generation consoles is this week, and Destiny 2 will be coming to both PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S next-generation consoles. Purchases of Destiny 2: Beyond Light on Xbox One (Beyond Light, along with previous expansions Shadowkeep and Forsaken are also available as part of Xbox Game Pass) will transfer to Xbox Series X|S for free via Smart Delivery. Purchases on PlayStation 4 will upgrade to PlayStation 5 for free.
The Full Rundown
A new power is born out of the ancient Pyramid ship above Europa, and a dark empire has risen beneath. In the Destiny 2: Beyond Light expansion, Guardians will explore a changed universe, with a new destination, new adventures, and even new powers to explore.
- Explore Europa: Jupiter’s frozen moon of Europa is a vast frozen frontier, full of adventure and mystery. Guardians will brave the unrelenting storms, infiltrate the Golden Age Braytech facility, and uncover the secrets that lie deep under the ancient ice.
- Wield the Darkness: Stasis has come to Beyond Light. Rooted in Darkness, Stasis is the first new elemental power in Destiny since the original game. By wielding Stasis, players will be able to control the flow of battle using powerful abilities like freezing and shattering combatants.
- The Rise of Eramis: The splintered houses of the Fallen have rallied and built their new empire on Europa, united under the banner of the Fallen Kell of Darkness, Eramis. Determined to restore glory to her people, Eramis has discovered Stasis as the means to achieve her aims.
- Deep Stone Crypt Raid: Guardians will test their skill and teamwork in this brand new six-person raid, where glorious rewards await. The Deep Stone Crypt raid opens for Beyond Light owners on November 21 and Destiny fans will be eagerly anticipating the celebration of the first fireteam to complete the event.
- New Onboarding Experience: Explore the re-imagined Cosmodrome in the new player experience, which has been designed to introduce brand new players to the exciting world of Destiny 2.