Final Fantasy XIV continues its Shadowbringers expansion cycle with Patch 5.2, which will release early in 2020. This past weekend, Game Producer Yoshi P held the latest Producer Letter livestream to explain all the new content, features and changes that will be coming to FFXIV next year. Here’s what they are.
Everything That’s Announced
Titled Echoes of a Fallen Star, Patch 5.2 is the next major update for the award-winning Shadowbringers expansion and will feature a wealth of new content:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The adventures of the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn continue as they further unravel the mysteries of the First.
- New Equipment Enhancement Quest Series – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel.
- New Trial: The Ruby Weapon – Players can challenge Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Chronicles of a New Era Quest: The Sorrow of Werlyt – Discover the lore behind the new Weapon series.
- New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties.
- Ishgardian Restoration Update – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
- New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
- New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – This new challenge can be tackled alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – The next set of adjustments to Disciples of the Land and Hand which will further enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Job Adjustments, Adjustments to PvP Actions, Additional New Game+ Chapters, and More
New Art Book
Additionally, the first FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers art book, titled FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers The Art of Reflection -Histories Forsaken- is now available for pre-order. Scheduled to release in May 2020, this gorgeous, oversized, full-color art book showcases hundreds of pages of artwork and will also include a bonus code to redeem an in-game “Wind-up Dulia-Chai” minion. The book is available for preorder on the SQUARE ENIX® Store: http://sqex.link/ffxivaor
The next series of global FINAL FANTASY XIV Fan Festivals for 2020-2021 was also announced, with events confirmed in North America, Europe, and Japan. Additional details will be available at a later date.
Free Login Campaign
Now through January 14, FINAL FANTASY XIV Online players without an active subscription are invited to return and enjoy five free consecutive days of complimentary playtime (up to 120 hours) this holiday season during a special Free Login Campaign. Additional information can be found here: https://sqex.link/a4iFt
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers is the third expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online and has received acclaim from critics and fans alike since its release in July 2019. Packed with striking new environments, the new gunbreaker and dancer jobs, Hrothgar and Viera races, Trust system and much more, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers offers players both old and new hundreds of hours of content to explore.