Following the reveal of Endwalker™, the highly-anticipated fourth expansion for FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online, SQUARE ENIX® revealed first details for Patch 5.5—the next major update for the critically acclaimed MMORPG, scheduled to release on April 13.
Nier Auto Conclusion and PS5 Console Beta
Additionally, the recently announced PlayStation®5 console version of the game will launch an open beta alongside Patch 5.5. The PlayStation 5 version will feature numerous upgrades from the PlayStation®4 version, including significantly improved frame rates, faster load times, 4K resolution support and more. Players whose FINAL FANTASY XIV Online service account has a registered license for the PlayStation 4 version may download and play the PlayStation 5 Upgrade Version at no extra cost at the start of the open beta period, while new players can experience the game on the PlayStation 5 through the Free Trial. The full version of the game will be available on PlayStation 5 following the conclusion of the open beta.
Titled “Death Unto Dawn,” Patch 5.5 will be split in two parts and set the stage for the Endwalker expansion. Part one is headlined by the third chapter of YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse—the NieR-inspired alliance raid featuring the work of guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO—alongside an abundance of new story and battle content, system updates, and more.
More Details About Patch 5.5:
Season 2 of the new Ranked Battles comes in a different format. The duration of the season is now doubled as well as the rewards for each Sprint. The number of Stars in leagues has been increased by 50% on average. In addition, the Bronze and Silver leagues now have 10 ranks each.
- New Main Scenario Quests – The story update—split into two parts—will pave the way for the Endwalker storyline.
- New Alliance Raid – The third chapter of the NieR-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
- “Sorrow of Werlyt” Questline Update – The thrilling conclusion of the Warrior of Light and Gaius’ quest to thwart the Empire’s warmachina development project.
- New Trial: The Cloud Deck – Players can face off against the fearsome Diamond Weapon in this latest trial, which will be available in both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Paglth’an – Players can tackle this new story dungeon alongside fellow adventurers or a party of non-player characters via Trust System compatibility.
- “Save the Queen” Questline Update – Alongside the addition of a new field area, “Zadnor,” players can further upgrade their Resistance Weapons to their final and most powerful stage.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up version of an existing primal will be unleashed upon level 80 heroes, providing players with a new challenge and a chance to collect unique prizes.
- Crafter Updates – High-level crafters can look forward to new content in Patch 5.5 that will earn them special achievements and unique crafting tools.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – Locals of The Firmament will periodically hold Fêtes to celebrate the completion of the restoration.
- “Explorer Mode” Update – The Explorer Mode feature will be expanded to feature additional dungeons. Explorer Mode allows players to explore dungeons free from danger to capture striking and fun screenshots while enabling the use of mounts and minions. Players will also now be able to use performance actions while in dungeons, such as playing musical instruments.
- Performance Action Updates – Players will now be able to change instruments at any time while performing, and a new instrument will be added.
- Job Adjustments for PvE and PvP Actions, New Custom Deliveries, Ocean Fishing Update, New Mounts and more.