FINAL FANTASY® XIV Online Patch 5.45 arrives today, headlined by the latest chapter in the “Save The Queen” quest series—a multi-part adventure featuring a compelling story written by renowned game creator Yasumi Matsuno (FINAL FANTASY Tactics, FINAL FANTASY XII), who also penned the narrative for the wildly popular Return to Ivalice alliance raid series in Stormblood™.
Patch 5.4 continues the battle for the Bozjan southern front, and also introduces a new large-scale battle, Delubrum Reginae—set in the ruins of Queen Gunnhildr’s kingdom beneath the wastes of the Bozja Citadel.
Patch 5.45 brings a variety of updates for players on PC, Mac, and PlayStation®4 system:
- Resistance Weapon Quests Update: “Save the Queen: Past to Rest” – The battle for the southern front wages on, and having failed to retake Castrum Lacus Litore, chances of victory appear slim for the Resistance. This next exciting chapter of the “Save the Queen” quest series continues the story penned by renowned game designer Yasumi Matsuno.
- New Large-Scale Battle Content: “Delubrum Reginae” – This new battle content includes a 24-player normal mode and high-difficulty 48-player savage mode for players to undertake.
- Resistance Weapon Updates – Players who advance the “Save the Queen” questline will be able to further upgrade their Resistance Weapons an additional two tiers in Patch 5.45. The second upgrade tier will also allow players to customize certain parameters on the weapon to match their playstyle.
- Blue Mage Update – Blue mage receives a number of new updates, including an increased level cap to 70, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- Skysteel Tool Update – Disciples of the Land and Hand can further upgrade their Skysteel Tools to aid in crafting and gathering.
- New emotes, hair styles, furnishings, mounts, minions, fashion accessories and more.
Be sure to join the MMOSWorld community Discord: https://discord.gg/D8MYHkG