Square Enix and Final Fantasy XIV has revealed that Patch 4.5 will be released on January 8th, 2019.
The first installment of A Requiem For Heroes will include the following content and features:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The first half of the thrilling climax to the Stormblood storyline.
- New Trial – Confront Seiryu in both normal and extreme difficulties in the last chapter of the Four Lords’ quest line.
- New Instanced Dungeon – The Ghimlyt Dark
- Return to Ivalice Alliance Raid Dungeon – The Orbonne Monastery
- New Custom Deliveries – Crafter and Gatherer-focused questlines
- Gold Saucer Update – New GATE, “Air Force One”; New minigame, “Doman Mahjong”
- New Minions, Hairstyles, Emotes, and Mounts
Patch 4.5 will also introduce the highly anticipated Blue Mage job. The Blue Mage will debut a week following the release of Patch 4.5 and will be available to players that have a level 50 Disciple of War or Magic class/job and who have completed the main scenario for A Realm Reborn®.
As the first “Limited Job” in FINAL FANTASY XIV Online, the Blue Mage will provide a unique solo gameplay experience, learning all of its abilities through fighting monsters. Players may also challenge themselves in a series of Blue Mage-exclusive content, The Masked Carnivale, upon reaching level 50 with the job.
Additionally, a subsequent updates are planned for the Patch 4.5 series, which will introduce additional features and content for all players.
- Patch 4.55 – Eureka, Hydatos Expedition; New Entry in the Large-scale PvP Rival Wings – The Hidden Gorge
- Patch 4.56 – Even Further Hildibrand Adventures; Stormblood Beast Tribe Quests
- Data Center Expansion for North America and Europe; New World Visit System