After eight years, ARPG Alumni developer, Crate Entertainment, is launching Grim Dawn: Definitive Edition on Xbox platforms. Grim Dawn was first released onto Steam Early Access in 2013, and will now be available for Xbox. Featuring all DLC and updates previously released, the ‘Definitive Edition’ will provide players with access to all of the enhanced features and content added by the Ashes of Malmouth expansion, Forgotten Gods expansion, and Crucible DLC.
The team is thrilled to grow the community on the Xbox and expand the ARPG offering on console for the first time. Finally, Xbox players will be able to explore the darkest corners of Grim Dawn’s vast, immersive world, where secrets abound and untold terrors lurk. Known for its rewarding itemization, dual-class system, choice and consequence questing, factions, and rewarding end-game activities, Grim Dawn is sure to entice fans of the genre both new and old.
Indie hit Grim Dawn and DLC’s have collectively sold nearly 7 million copies on PC, with Grim Dawn standing at 94% positive rating on Steam. Players can preorder the game now with the game set to release on December 3rd! The game can be preordered from the Xbox store here.
- Dual Class – Combine any of six distinct classes with over 25 skills and modifiers per class. Base classes include Soldier, Demolitionist, Occultist, Nightblade, Arcanist and Shaman.
- Collect hundreds of Items – Common, magical, rare, epic and legendary classes of loot. Plus over 20,000 possible magical affix combinations and over 200 rare affixes.
- Quests with Choice and Consequence – You will face tough decisions that leave significant impacts upon the world. Strangers on the road, desperate families and even entire villages may live or perish based on your actions. Currently over 35 quests with 75+ lore notes to be collected.
- Friendly and Enemy Factions – Earn favor with human factions to unlock additional quest lines, vendor discounts and special faction-based items and augments. Some neutral factions can be turned into allies but aiding one will make the enemy of another. Hostile factions will remember your deeds and deepen their hatred of you, sending out large packs and elite heroes to hunt you down.
- Devotion – An additional layer of skill customization allows you to acquire bonuses and powerful secondary effects for your class skills. These are unlocked from a giant constellation map with points acquired by finding and restoring destroyed or corrupted shrines hidden throughout the world.
- Rebuild the World – Help human enclaves survive and flourish by securing vital necessities, rebuilding structures and rescuing survivors who can then lend their services to your cause.
- 4 Person Multiplayer – Connect with Friends or make new allies in glorious multiplayer. Multiplayer encounters will put your teamwork to the ultimate challenge.
- Fast-paced Visceral Combat – Enemy blood spatters, ragdoll physics and satisfying enemy death effects. Smash in doors and fight house to house, leaving a path of demolished furniture in your wake.
- Rotatable Camera – If you choose to survey the full beauty of the world and always fight from the most optimal angle. Levels are still designed so that players are not forced to rotate the camera; it is purely optional.
- Rogue-Like Dungeons – Descend into special locked challenge dungeons that require a rare crafted key, where enemy levels increase as you progress and player teleport is disabled. There is no way out except to complete the dungeon or die trying.
Grim Dawn: Definitive Edition can be pre-ordered now on the Microsoft Store, and would-be adventurers can begin exploring the world of Grim Dawn on December 3rd. The game will be fully playable on both Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S. Gather your friends, pick up your blade, and get ready for adventure!