Guild Wars 2 Revamps Harvesting Tools To Include Glyph Stat Enhancers And Cosmetic Wardrobe System
Guild Wars 2 has been updated this week with some quality of life improvements. Most notable is the changes to harvesting tools.
Most tools in the game will now have an upgrade slot, and you can swap glyphs in and out freely without using an upgrade extractor. Glyphs applied to limited-use tools will go back into your inventory after you consume the final gathering charge.
For a limited time, you can visit the Gem Store and pick up a free Black Lion Glyph Selection Container. Use this item to choose one of the following account-bound glyphs*:
- Glyph of the Tailor: Gain a 33% chance to receive bonus cloth scraps.
- Glyph of the Leatherworker: Gain a 33% chance to receive bonus leather scraps.
- Glyph of Industry: Gathering completes 50% faster.
- Glyph of Flight: Increases movement speed for 5 seconds after gathering completes.
Each of these glyphs is also available as a rare drop from Black Lion Chests. Glyphs found in chests are account-bound on use and can be bought and sold through the trading post.
Existing unlimited gathering tools with bonus effects (Watchwork Mining Pick, Lucky Dog Harvesting Tool, and Infinite Unbound Magic Gathering Tools) now contain an account-bound glyph when you purchase them from the Gem Store:
- Watchwork Mining Pick (Glyph of the Watchknight): Gain a 33% chance to receive a bonus Watchwork Sprocket.
- Lucky Dog Harvesting Tool (Glyph of the Scavenger): Gain a 33% chance to receive a bonus fine crafting material.
- Infinite Unbound Magic Gathering Tools (Glyph of the Unbound): Rewards unbound magic while gathering.
If you already own these tools, visit a Black Lion Exchange Specialist in any major city or lounge to trade them for an updated version at no cost.
For more info, check out the official post here.