Bioware has just completed a pretty lenghty livestream on Twitch for SWTOR. In it, the devs went into much detail about Game Update 5.10: Jedi Under Siege. There were lots of good news for players wanting more PvE content, and a better story line too. Here’s the summarized notes:
Gods from the Machine Master Mode
SWTOR will be reducing veteran mode difficulty from “hardmare” to pull it in line with other veteran operations. Master Mode for GftMMM will be unpredictable and is balanced for 248 augment or higher.
Masterwork Armor: Tier 5
There will be two sets of Masterwork Armor, iLevel 252 Artifact Gear with set bonus and iLevel 258 Legendary with set bonus.
- Crafters – Bind on Equip
- Acquire schematic from trainer
- Use materials from crew skills, Ossus, PvP, Conquests and Gods from the Machine Bosses
- Fastest way to get the gear this way but you will need to do be able to do Master Mode Gods from the Machine (only drops from Master Mode)
- Gameplay – Bind on Pickup
- Gear can be purchased from Reputation vendor with Masterwork Shards
- Masterwork Shards can be earned from a new “special” weekly mission( (i.e. weekly dailies, weekly flashpoint etc), Ossus Weekly, Unassembled Components (limited time per character per week and gets more expensive the more you do it), and Command Crates
- 252 gear can be acquired rarely from Command Crates at Rank 300 and from the Ossus World Boss Weekly.
SWTOR Ossus Planet and New Storyline (Minor Spoilers)
- Ancient center of Jedi activity, devastated by the Sith via chain of supernovas, wiped out pretty much all life and destroyed most of the structures.
- Two separate storylines for Sith and Republic, becomes a daily area after storyline completion
- 10+ daily missions for each faction
- New Reputation track
- New datacrons to discover (3 datacrons)
- Two world bosses
- Seeker Droid and Macrobinoculars (Seeker Droids will be improved)
- Tons of Stronghold Decorations to unlock
SWTOR Ossus Storyline
- New storyline based on the rivalry between Sith and Jedi
- Becareful to not get the story spoiled by datamining
- You can autocomplete previous story to access Ossus as long you are Level 70
- There will be alliance alerts
- Saboteur and Loyalist – If you sided with the opposite faction during the previous storyline, you will have the opportunity to become a double agent/saboteur and work for the enemy or just stay loyal to your previous faction.
Ossus Storyline (Contain general spoilers)
- Planet is very remote and very unpleasant place. A group of Jedi that survived Zakuul have traveled here and built a base.They started a farm etc to make the planet more hospitable.
- Sith is not very happy about this Jedi development. The first shot of the war between Sith and Jedi will be ignited here.
- Empire characters will be recruited to take out the Jedi, Republic will be asked to help.