Path of Exile: Legion Launches For Consoles Tomorrow
Grinding Gear Games last week that the latest expansion to their award-winning RPG, Path of Exile: Legion, will launch on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions available on Monday, June 10. The update is already live for players on PC.
Trapped for thousands of years in the Domain of Timeless Conflict, Wraeclast’s mightiest military leaders have been fighting an eternal war. In Path of Exile: Legion, you’ll set free their legions and battle them to earn valuable rewards.
Additionally in this latest expansion, Grinding Gear Games has created an entirely new melee combat experience. All melee attacks now hit multiple enemies, and all movement skills are now instant, with additional movement and dodging skills added to various classes.
Legion also introduces a few new character archtypes: the Blood and Sand Gladiator and the Rage Berserker. The Blood and Sand Gladiator can switch between Blood Stance and Sand Stance – Blood causing massive damage to multiple enemies at once and Sand providing the character with better defense. The new Rage Berserker introduces skills that generate or consume rage with certain attacks improving movement speed and attack damage.
Path of Exile Key Features Include:
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
Path of Exile continues to be one of the largest online Action RPGs with continual, massive audience growth. Successful launches on the Xbox One and in China have more than doubled the Path of Exile player community since August 2017, with over 3.5 million players having played the game’s 2017 expansion, Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath. In 2018, Path of Exile saw an increase in total play-hours of over 26% and the PoE: Betrayal expansion set a new record of 188,970 players online simultaneously.