Which race should I play on Elder Scrolls Online? It’s a popular question, as each race has its own benefits and at the end-game it might make a tiny difference. It’s exciting times for Elder Scrolls Online 2019. Not only are we getting brand new content soon especially with Elsweyr and Dragons, but racial passives have gotten revamp. One of the things this addresses is the lack of effective option in selecting your class and race combo. Additionally, many racial bonuses didn’t have universal applicability, and that takes a way from a unique gameplay element and one considers using a more OP race over another. With that in mind, below are all the race changes to help you decide which race you should play in Elder Scrolls Online.
High Elf Race
- Increases Experience gain in Destruction Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Generic Experience gain
- Spell Recharge: Restore 575 Magicka or Stamina, based on whichever is higher, after activating a Class Ability. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds. Reduces damage taken by 5% while you are using an ability with a cast or channel time.
- Syrabane’s Boon: Increases your Max Magicka by 2000.
- Increases your Spell Damage by 258.
High Elf culture is heavily ingrained with the belief of destiny and birthright. High Elves are well known for being powerful spell casters, and this is a great choice if you plan to use a Magicka based class.
- Increases experience gain in Resto Staff Skill Line by 15%, extra 50% Swimming Speed
- Increases your Max Magicka by 1000. Restore 3600 Health, Magicka, and Stamina when you drink a potion.
- Increases your Max Health by 1000 and your Disease Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Diseased status effect.
- Life Mender: Increases your Healing Done by 4%.
Argonians by nature are resilient creatures, adapting to their surroundings and accumulating themselves to the environment. Their ability to shrug off potent diseases makes them harder to take down, and their connection with the Hist empowers their will for life. Their bonus to Healing Done makes them gifted at healing themselves or their allies, while their resource return after drinking a potion helps them stay in the fight. Regardless of their role, their ability to recuperate and get back into the fray is something to respect.
Wood Elf Race
- Increases experience gain in Bow Skill Line by 15%, decreases fall damage taken by 10%
- Increases your Stamina Recovery by 258.
- Increases your Max Stamina by 2000 and your Poison Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Poisoned status effect.
- Hunter’s Eye: Increases your Stealth detection radius by 3m. After you use Roll Dodge you gain 20% Movement Speed for 3 seconds.
The thick forests of Valenwood have imprinted the importance of the ability to hunt in the Wood Elf race, and as such they have a natural adeptness for detecting potential threats. Quick to react and well versed in the poisons of nature, they can outlast and outwit their opponents. These traits are demonstrated with their natural speed boost when tactfully engaging combat, and their unparalleled Stamina Recovery.
- Increases Experience gain in Light Armor Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Alliance Point gain
- Increases your Max Magicka by 2000.
- Gain 2310 Spell Resistance and 100 Magicka Recovery.
- Reduces the Magicka cost of your abilities by 7%.
The Breton race is a proud one, and well attuned to the natures of magic. Their natural hardiness paired with arcane ability allow them to shrug off powerful spells and retaliate in quick succession with their own. This is shown in their bonuses to their Magicka pool, as well as their high resistance to spell attacks. Bretons should be feared for their ability to constantly weave spells with little delay.
Dark Elf Race
- Increases Experience gain in Dual Wield Skill Line by 15%, reduces damage taken from Lava by 50%
- Increases your Max Stamina and Magicka by 1250.
- Increases your Max Health by 600 and your Flame Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Burning status effect.
- Ruination: Increases your Weapon and Spell Damage by 258.
Dark Elves are a sophisticated race that can thrive in the harshest conditions. Intelligent and quick, they are well versed in blade or magic, giving them a keen advantage in juggling between the two. By giving them a balanced bonus of Weapon and Spell Damage, as well as Magicka and Stamina, their natural cunning and versatility will be demonstrated as they can fulfill any role.
- Increases Experience gain in One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, extra 1% Gold gain
- Increases your Max Health by 2000.
- Imperial Mettle: Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
- When you deal Direct Damage you have a 15% chance to heal for 1750. Reduces the cost of your Block and Bash abilities by 5%.
Stout and hardy by nature, the Imperial race is one of order in battle and culture. They stand strong and unified, regardless of what hardships face them. This is highlighted with their powerful bonuses to constitution, and ability to push back when under pressure.
- Increases Experience gain in Medium Armor Skill Line by 15%, 5% bonus change to successfully pickpocket
- Robustness: Increases your Health Recovery by 100 and your Stamina and Magicka recovery by 75.
- Lunar Blessings: Increases your Max Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 750.
- Feline Ambush: Increases your Weapon and Spell Critical Chance by 8%. Reduces your detection radius in Stealth by 5m.
The Khajiiti race is one of intrigue and versatility, with a natural ability to adapt to any walk of life. Under the guidance of the moons they can fulfil any role, with a well-rounded bonus to all resources. We also wanted to better demonstrate their keenness for subterfuge and trickery, so they now have more access to critical strike chance and sneaking potential, regardless of what proficiency they build into.
- Increases Experience gain in Two Handed Skill Line by 15%, 15 extra minutes on drink buffs
- Increases your Max Stamina by 1500. When you take damage, you gain 5 Ultimate. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.
- Increases your Max Health by 1000 and your Cold Resistance by 2310. You are immune to the Chilled status effect.
- Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by 3960.
The hardy Nords reigning from Skyrim are well accustom to the hardships of life. With a bonus to constitution and their ability to shrug off the bitter cold, they can soak up immense amounts of damage. Their ability to snap back from punishment is highlighted with their new Ultimate gain passive. We changed their flat damage reduction to Resistances, so it better scaled with all playstyles, and allowed for different build paths than it did before.
- Increases Experience gain in Heavy Armor Skill Line by 15%, extra 10% Inspiration gain
- Increases your Max Health and Stamina by 500.
- Increases your Healing Received by 4%. When you deal damage with a weapon ability you restore 380 Health and Stamina. This effect can occur once every 4 seconds.
- Increases your Weapon Damage by 258. Reduces the cost of your Sprint ability by 12% and increases your Movement Speed while Sprinting by 10%.
The Orc race is one of honor and code. Well known for their aggressive combat style, we wanted to showcase this by helping them keep up the fight with their new recovery when utilizing any weapon. Their previous bonus to Melee Damage was too niche, and we wanted Orcs to feel powerful with less restrictions.
- Increases One Hand and Shield Skill Line by 15%, 15 extra minutes on food buffs
- Martial Training: Reduces the cost of your Weapon abilities by 8%.
- Increases your Max Stamina by 2000.
- When you deal Direct Damage, you restore 950 Stamina. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
Fierce and resilient, the Redguard race are well respected for their physical combat prowess.