World of Warcraft Reduces Bonus XP Gains From Recruit-a-Friend Promo
World of Warcraft is making changes to its referral program. The game’s Recruit-a-Friend system previously offers up to 200% XP bonus when a player players with the recruiter. However, that is now being reduced since Update 7.3.5 is now live. Blizzard feels that the old bonus may disrupt the new leveling progression in-game.
Here’s the full list of changes that’s taking place for World of Warcraft’s RAF bonus:
- The XP boost has been reduced from 200% bonus to 50% bonus*, effective today, January 22, 2018.
- If you’re already actively participating in the program, fear not! If you either sent or received an invite before the change went into effect today, once the invite is accepted you and your friend will still receive triple XP* (200% XP bonus) until the link between your accounts expires (90 days from the date the new recruit’s account was first created). Please note: RAF invites expire after seven days.
- Heirloom gear XP bonuses will no longer stack with the RAF boost (i.e., the maximum XP boost you will see from today onwards is 50%). If you were already on the program, Heirloom gear will still stack.
- All other rewards are unchanged and yours to enjoy:
- Summon your friend once every 30 minutes.
- 10% bonus reputation from kills that grant reputation.*
- Level granting: for every two levels your friend gains while the accounts are linked, they can grant one level to one of your characters.
- Recruiter rewards, including game time and epic mounts.