World of Warships welcomes a major influx of new researchable European ships to its supertest environment today, allowing them to be tweaked and receive balance adjustments before their full deployment to the popular navy combat game in the future.
The new Tier II-X destroyers, a special Tier X destroyer, as well as the Tier I cruiser in the European line represent not only the introduction of a sizable in-game force of Swedish warships but also the Austrian-Hungarian and Polish navies, bringing with them their own set of unique gameplay mechanics and features.
The new ships available in today’s supertest session are:
- The Swedish navy destroyers Romulus (Tier III), Klas Horn (Tier IV), Visby (Tier V), Västerå (Tier VI), Skåne (Tier VII), Öland (Tier VIII), Östergötland (Tier IX), and the Halland and Småland (Tier X).
- The Tier I Cruiser Gryf from the Polish navy.
- Tier II destroyer Tatra from the Austrian-Hungarian navy.
The new ships in the European line bring their own specific characteristics and playstyles, such as:
- They carry very fast torpedoes with long range but low damage.
- The artillery is similar to American destroyers, being quite effective in close combat, but weaker than those of dedicated artillery-focused destroyers.
- The Tier VII to X destroyers have a relatively low top speed which can be increased by an Engine Boost consumable.
- Starting from Tier VII, the AA defense of European destroyers has a larger area of effect and deals good damage.
- Starting from Tier VIII, the new ships are equipped with Surveillance Radar with an action time of 15 seconds and a range of up to 7.5 km.
- The ships lack a Smoke Generator but have a relatively high detection range. When engaging in combat with other destroyers, it’s better to rely on the Surveillance Radar and fast torpedoes.
- Starting from Tier V, the destroyers are equipped with the Repair Party consumable.