Ashes of Creation Discuss The Importance of Taverns In MMORPGs In Latest Blog Post
Taverns hold a special place in the hearts of RPG or MMORPG players. We know it as a place to recuperate – a rally point to restock supplies for more adventures. Ashes of Creation shares that nostalgia and belief, and are taking it a step further. In their latest development blog post, the game shares some great detail about their plans for taverns in their MMO. It’s more than just a place to role-play, buy supplies and pick up quests.
Here are some features of taverns in the world of Verra that you’ll find intriguing:
- Rested experience (of course!)
- Customization by the owner of the building
- Varying music
- Bulletin boards with player-run quests
- Place and take bounties on corrupted players
- Battle maps with combat benefits for parties to strategize
- Tavern games to earn (or lose) extra gold
- Tables that serve as group finders for content
- Information about what’s happening in the world filters through the tavern
“In most games, whether MMO or RPG, the tavern is commonplace. Also commonplace is how very little in-game functionality they have. Ashes of Creation intends to change that. The Tavern is becoming a key focal point of our community interaction. It should be more than just another place to get ‘rest XP’ when you log out.”
Check out the full blog post here.