The Elder Scrolls Online’s Ascending Tide DLC, which contains two brand new dungeons, arrives on March 14th for PC, and there’s a bunch of things that ESO players can do to prepare for it!
Join a PVE Guild If You Haven’t Already to run Dungeons
Ascending Tide introduces two new dungeons for four-player groups, Coral Aerie and Shipwright’s Regret, and while both are packed full of new and unique rewards, they’re also very challenging PvE experiences. One good way to ensure you always have the right team for the job is to join a PvE-focused Guild.
Follow these steps below to find the Guild that is right for you:
- Navigate to your “Social” menu.
- Navigate to “Guilds” and choose the “Guild Finder” option.
- Select “Browse Guilds” and highlight “Group PvE” on the drop-down menu.
- Apply for any Guilds that appear on the “Results” tab that pique your interest.
- You may need to provide some basic information about your character.
- Wait to be formally accepted.
After admission, you’ll have access to all the benefits that accompany being a Guild member, including Guild Traders, Guild Banks, easier access to organized play, as well as advice and assistance from veteran players.
Upgrade Your Gear
Even with the right group, the forces you will encounter within the Ascending Tide’s dungeons won’t be easy to overcome, and you’ll need to be well equipped to survive. There’s hundreds of item sets and consumables that can help, but if you’re unsure, here’s some of our favorite base-game items to get you started.
- Spriggan’s Thorns overland set (for Stamina-based builds)
- Dropped in the Bangkorai zone.
- Plague Doctor zone set (for tanking builds)
- Dropped in the Deshaan zone.
- Necropotence zone set (for Magicka-based builds)
- Dropped in the Rivenspire zone.
- Seducers crafted set (for healing builds)
- Crafted in the Temple of the Eight in Grahtwood, Fisherman’s Island in Stormhaven, and Berezan’s Mine in Deshaan.
- Dubious Camoran Throne Stamina consumable
- This recipe can usually be looted during the Jester’s Festival in-game event, but you can often find it available (both the recipe and consumables) for purchase from Guild Traders, too.
- Witchmother’s Potent Brew Magicka consumable
- This recipe can usually be looted during the Witches Festival in-game event, but you can often find it available (both the recipe and consumables) for purchase from Guild Traders, too.
Get a Headstart with the Patch Notes
You can get the inside scoop on everything coming with the Ascending Tide DLC and Update 33 base-game patch by reading the Public Test Server patch notes on the official forums. There, you can get all the details on the new dungeons, balance changes, base-game additions, item sets, rewards, achievements, and more.
When Ascending Tide launches, the official patch notes will be available for all to read in the Patch Notes section of the official forums.
Practice on the PTS
Before the DLC even hits live servers, you can preview all the upcoming content, including the new dungeons, by hopping onto the Public Test Servers on PC/Mac.
If you’d like to access the PTS, follow the steps below:
- Boot up the PC/Mac ESO launcher.
- Toggle the “Show Public Test Environment” option underneath the “Games” menu.
- Wait for the testing environment to download.
- Select the play option and voilà—you now have access to Update 33 and the Ascending Tide!
We suggest taking this opportunity to get in a couple of practice runs on the upcoming dungeons prior to launch. That way, running them will be a cinch for you once they hit live!