Developer and publisher Tripwire Interactive is starting the Holiday celebrations early with today’s launch of the Killing Floor 2: Chop ‘Til You Drop Christmas update.
Out now for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®5 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One family of devices including the Xbox One X and Xbox Series X|S – and PC via Steam or the Epic Games Store, today’s free update for the first-person shooter, co-op action title brings a bundle of Holiday cheer and fear to players, including the new Carillon Hamlet map, Christmas themed Zed variants, weekly game modes Boss Rush and Shrunken Heads, new weapons, cosmetics, achievements, and quality of life improvements!
To celebrate today’s Christmas-themed Chop ‘Til You Drop update, Killing Floor 2 will be on sale across all platforms in various Holiday promotions throughout December. Be sure and follow Tripwire Interactive on Twitter for all the latest and greatest sales information as it becomes available!
Killing Floor 2: Chop ‘Til You Drop Update Highlights:
New Featured Community Map: Carillon Hamlet
- This medium-sized map has an industrial style with a bright, daytime setting that’s perfect for making players feel all the holiday joy – until the Zeds arrive.
- Supported Modes: Survival, Weekly, and Endless
- The new event introduces 5 new objectives tied to the Carillon Hamlet map where players can earn the Holiday Shopping Companion Backpack accessory.
- Boss Rush: This mode consists of different waves of fighting with one random boss, with the difficulty scaling with each wave. After completing the mode, players are rewarded with the Boss Trophy Backpack accessory.
- Shrunken Heads: Sharpshooter? Not this match. In this mode, Zed’s heads are shrunken down and do not take head-shot damage. Also, all Zeds have a new critical spot, configured for each zed type. After completing the mode, players are rewarded with the Practice Target backpack accessory.
- Doshinegun: Turn your Cash into Bash! The Doshinegun is designed for the Survivalist Perk and comes with five unique skin variants!
- Free HRG Stunner: Designed to pack a punch with plenty of stopping power, this free weapon for SWAT class players is “shockingly” strong and great for keeping waves of zeds at bay.
- Alchemist Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Christmas Weapon Skin Bundle Pack
- Alchemist Gear Cosmetic Bundle Pack
- Chop ‘Til You Drop themed cosmetics will be purchasable via the Direct Bundle
- Holiday Shopper Outfit Bundle: Gear up for Black Friday with the new Christmas 2021 outfit. This bundle is compatible with the following characters: Mr. Foster, Reverend Alberts, Mrs. Foster, PC Rob Briar, Classic Briar, Oisten Jagerhorn, Ana Larive, Lt. Bill Masterson, Classic Masterson, Donovan Neal, DJ Scull, Anton Strasser, Hayato Tanaka, Rae Higgins.
- The Update adds new Map Difficulty and Achievements for those who like to keep score.
Killing Floor 2 has an MSRP of $29.99 / €29.99 / £24.99 and is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive and is published at retail by Deep Silver and Iceberg Interactive for the Xbox One, Xbox One X, PlayStation®4 Pro, PlayStation®4, and PC. This title has been rated M by the ESRB, PEGI 18, USK 18.
Stay up to date with the latest Killing Floor 2 news and information on the official website. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive by visiting the official website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
Be sure to join the MMOSWorld community Discord: https://discord.gg/D8MYHkG