Ubisoft has announced that October 15th will be the release date for its latest content update for the live open-world game Tom Clancy’s The Division 2. In addition, Players who have not yet had a chance to play The Division 2 will have the opportunity to try the game for free. Title Update 6 highlights The Division 2’s biggest title update to date for players, featuring “Episode 2 – Pentagon: The Last Castle”, a variety of game improvements and a new Conflict PvP mode. Episode 2 is available for Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers on October 15th (October 22nd for all players). All changes and improvements, as well as the new mode, are available for all players on October 15th. So here’s a quick preview of all the new features coming to Division 2 this month.
Two New Main Missions
At the beginning of Episode 2, players will investigate a transmission from a fellow Agent scouting the Pentagon for the perfusion bioreactor. Securing the bioreactor would allow Agents to replicate the antiviral samples recovered at Tidal Basin. Agents must navigate flood damage and Black Tusk forces to take back The Last Castle. After securing their safe house, players will be able to access the two replayable main missions of Episode 2.
- First Main Mission – Pentagon: Agents will discover the location of the perfusion bioreactor inside the Pentagon’s underground research facility. The Black Tusk have already infiltrated the lab and are attempting to extract the reactor.
- Second Main Mission – DARPA Research Labs: Players must make their way through the Pentagon and into the DARPA Labs, as the Black Tusk are in the process of transporting the perfusion bioreactor through an abandoned Cold War tunnel network.
The Technician Specialization
From October 15th, Year 1 Pass holders and UPLAY+ subscribers will instantly unlock the Technician Specialisation. Players who do not own the Year 1 Pass can unlock the specialisation by completing a series of objectives. Additional rewards, including a signature weapon skin, are also available once the specialisation is unlocked. The latest specialisation includes:
- Signature Weapon: P-017 Launcher – a multi-missile launcher. Agents can lock-on and hit up to six enemies (depending on available ammo). With a simple push of a button, six missiles are unleashed to seek out their targets.
- Sidearm: Maxim 9
- Skill Variant: Artificer Hive
- Grenade Mod: EMP Grenade
Brand New Classified Assignments
If you’ve played Episode 1, then you should be familiar with Classified Assignments. Agents can take on two new Classified Assignments at a Boathouse and Embassy.
- Marina: Outcasts have been moving weapons and supplies into a boathouse on the Potomac River, which was used as a transport depot during the outbreak to move assets to the Potomac Center and Roosevelt Island. Agents must investigate and seize all the weapons they can find.
- Embassy: A Joint Task Force helicopter filled with supplies was shot down by the Outcasts and crashed through the roof of the Mexican Embassy in America’s capital. Agents will be tasked to locate the helicopter rescue the pilot and secure the supplies before the Outcasts get there.