Albion Online: Lancelot Midseason Patch and Dev Talk Video released
Sandbox Interactive today released an extensive Midseason Patch for their Sandbox MMORPG Albion Online. Coming just a few weeks after the release of the latest big content update, “Lancelot”, this midseason patch provides several important improvements and changes. The studio also released a new Dev Talk Video featuring Game Director Robin Henkys’ insights into the changes coming with the patch.
The Dev Talk Video is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22PEfQq42uM&feature=youtu.be
Overview of the most important improvements coming with the Midseason Patch:
- GvG Balance Changes
- The cost of buying runes, souls and relics for siphoned energy will be significantly reduced.
- The activation times of siege camps will be synchronized to twice per day, with half the camps becoming active during each period.
- The spawn delay of Siphoning Mages will be increased so they will spawn less frequently.
- Siphoning Mages in place before a GvG will no longer provide a bonus during the following GvG battle.
- Players can now trade skill masteries (“re-specialize”) between different skill paths, allowing them to adapt their specializations as needed.
- GvG Training Battles
- As the first step toward a fully realized GvG training system, players can now conduct zero-cost, zero-risk GvG training battles. This will allow newer guilds to build team skills, and give more seasoned guilds the opportunity to test out new strategies and builds.
- Combat Balance Changes
- This patch will bring numerous combat balancing changes to keep combat in Albion vital and fair.
Further information regarding the Midseason Patch and the Dev Talk Video itself can be found here: https://albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-lancelot-midseason-patch