Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Incursion
Grinding Gear Games announced today that the latest expansion to their hit ARPG, Path of Exile: Incursion, is available today on PC (with the Xbox One version out next week). In Path of Exile: Incursion players will journey over a thousand years into the past to the long-dead Vaal Empire to help explorer Alva Valai locate the lost temple of Atzoatl and the amazing treasures it holds.
“Incursion is Path of Exile’s largest league yet, with more content than we have put into some expansions in the past,” commented Chris Wilson, managing director of Grinding Gear Games. “Playtesting Incursion is the most fun we’ve had in Path of Exile yet, so we can’t wait to see what the community thinks.”
Path of Exile continues to be one of the largest online action role playing games with continual, massive audience growth. Successful launches on the Xbox One and in China have more than doubled the Path of Exile player community since August 2017, with over 3.5 million players having played the game’s 2017 expansion, Path of Exile: The Fall of Oriath. The Fall of Oriath was named one of the Top 50 Games of 2017 by Game Informer Magazine, as well as the top “Game as a Service” (an established title receiving outstanding updates and continued support).
Path of Exile Key Features Include:
- Download and play for free, but never pay-to-win
- A dark and deep action RPG
- Unlimited character combinations with the game’s gigantic skill tree
- Combine skill gems to create unique combat strategies
- Explore a dark and gritty world rendered from a fixed 3D perspective
- Explore randomly generated levels for nearly infinite replayability
- Craft weapons, magic items and even end-game maps to become more powerful
- Cooperate or compete with thousands of other Exiles in a persistent online world
- Ascend online ladders in every game mode
- Battle in PvP tournaments for worldwide recognition
- Steam and Twitch integration