SWTOR players, the time has come to explore new lands and meet new friends and enemies. Game Update 5.10 Jedi Under Siege launches tomorrow and will be a free update for all subscribers, bringing with it some new content that will drastically shape the Star Wars The Old Republic future. It’s also a supposedly prelude to an upcoming expansion in 2019. Here’s what we can expect from tomorrow’s update.
Peace Between The Light and Dark Has Come To An End
The next major story update Bioware is cooking will be related to a new storyline based on the old rivalry between Jedi and Sith. It’s been far too long since we last had this classic narrative, which to be honest, is what Star Wars is all about. With Game Update 5.10 – Jedi under Siege, the next phase of the SWTOR storyline will kick off with a bang on the ancient Jedi world. Ravaged by a cataclysm centuries in the past, this beloved planet has been part of Old Republic stories since the original Tales of the Jedi comics. It also features a new Daily Area with separate storylines for Republic and Imperial players.
Reuniting With Old Companions
Equally exciting is the news that some old companions will be returning to us as well. They are:
- Doc – Jedi Knights will be able to reunite with the galaxy’s most lovable, charming, roguish, brilliant, skilled, and–above all—a handsome doctor.
- Nadia – Jedi Consulars will be rejoined by their former Padawan, who has grown into a skilled Jedi Knight in her own right.
- Jaesa – Sith Warriors will be able to reunite with Jaesa provided they turned her to the dark side in her original storyline.
Unfortunately, Light-side Jaesa isn’t mentioned for a return, so players will have to wait a little longer for news on the good version of her. Otherwise, this is fantastic overall.
Guild System Overhaul
For the longest time, SWTOR’s guild system felt outdated and meaningless – just a standard MMORPG guild panel to group like minded people. That’s all about to change as the game is implementing systems to make guilds meaningful again.
- Progression System – A new progression system that allows active guilds to customize and improve their experience the more they play
- Heraldry – Personalize your Guild
- PVP Challenge System – Create custom warzone, arena, and Galactic Starfighter skirmish matches and track your record against other guilds
- Conquest improvements – supporting the new guild features
The New Planet Ossus
Another important addition this update is letting SWTOR players finally explore a new planet. The past few expansions and updates has introduced new instanced areas, but they were small in comparison with little or no content to do in between. There was also entire content updates that took place in Flashpoints, which while fun, does seem bland. Here’s why Ossus will be a breath of fresh air:
- Ancient center of Jedi activity, devastated by the Sith via chain of supernovas, wiped out pretty much all life and destroyed most of the structures.
- Two separate storylines for Sith and Republic, becomes a daily area after storyline completion
- 10+ daily missions for each faction
- New Reputation track
- New datacrons to discover (3 datacrons)
- Two world bosses
- Seeker Droid and Macrobinoculars (Seeker Droids will be improved)
- Tons of Stronghold Decorations to unlock