Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced the Lost City of Omu update is now available for Neverwinter PC, following on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 at a later date. The latest expansion to the free-to-play MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms takes players deeper into the jungles of Chult where they must face Acererak, the powerful lich responsible for the death curse threatening the land. This update brings Omu to life with a new adventure zone, Monster Hunts, Heroic Encounters, an Endgame Trial, smoothed level 60-70 progression, an expanded Tomb of AnnihilationCampaign and more.
The long-forgotten city of Omu hides the secret to fully exploring the Tomb of Annihilation’s depths – where lies the last chance to overcome Acererak’s death curse. Neverwinter’s latest adventure zone sends players into the decaying ruins of the city, through a maze of subterranean tunnels and into a foreboding yuan-ti temple, bringing new quests and challenges. Monster Hunts from the Tomb of Annihilation module return with greater threats and more valuable rewards. Explorers of the lost city will also seek out Treasure Maps, tackle Repeatable Adventures as well as new Heroic Encounters – one of which features the Tyrant, an undead, zombie-spewing T-Rex. Continuing their campaign against the evil lich, players must learn the secrets of Omu’s Trickster Gods to access the Tomb in its entirety and finally face Acererak’s wrath. Features of this expansion include:
- Temple Ruins Adventure Zone – With the discovery of the lost city of Omu, adventurers travel deeper into Chult’s jungles than before, exploring crumbling temple ruins, a labyrinth of underground tunnels and a new instance focused on the yuan-ti, “Fane of the Night Serpent.”
- New Monster Hunts & Heroic Encounters – Adventurers can party up to tackle encounters around Omu or become monster hunters. All new contracts and encounters will pit players against Chult’s scariest predators including the dreaded Tyrant T-Rex for improved rewards. Just mind the undead spawning from its mouth!
- Expanded Tomb of Annihilation Campaign – In the epic conclusion of the Chult narrative, players dive deeper into the Campaign with new tasks, new Jungles of Chult boon ranks and a new 10-player Endgame Trial where they will finally face Acererak and his abomination, the Atropal.
- Smoother Progression from Level 60 to 70 – Neverwinter players who haven’t quite reached the level cap will now experience a smoother progression due to a drastic balancing of the XP curve, allowing them to access the game’s many endgame Campaigns sooner – including the Lost City of Omu.
- Class Power Adjustments – Many powers previously based on weapon damage have been changed to scale based on player stats, and bug fixes have been applied to class powers previously behaving incorrectly. Scourge Warlocks can now explore a more viable Temptation feat tree, for example.
- Additional Features – New recipes for Masterwork Professions, Treasure Maps, Repeatable Adventures and quality of life improvements.