RIFT Discusses Live and Prime Server Updates In Summer Letter
Trion Worlds, the studio behind RIFT has released its summer 2018 producer’s letter. Coming six weeks after their spring letter, the studio appears to be hard at work, tweaking balance issues for souls and content.
For players who like the Warrior class, it has been given some love with its Souls being tuned, so apparently its fun to play again. Other classes did get fixes as well. The letter starts of with these balances as a priority and mentions that it is an on-going process. High on the list of RIFT’s next to do’s are tweak Legendary Abilities and revamp Cleric healing and DPS. As someone who plays a Cleric, I am happy to hear this, especially for the Prime server.
The Live version of the game is also getting some love, and the short term focuses are listed below:
RIFT Live Short Term Focus
- Bring more exciting rewards to the Daily Reward Calendar on Live, more in line with the Prime rewards.
- Add rare mount drops to Expert Dungeons and Raids on Live. These extra rewards for play have been great on Prime, and this one is an idea that’s definitely worth taking to all servers.
- Revamp and reduce the credit store on Live. We’re looking keenly at player feedback, especially some recent well-presented player discussions, to improve this area. While we view the store as a place for cosmetics, convenience, and some amount of ability for newer players to catch up with their friends, we don’t want it to be perceived as gameplay replacement, so we’ll be making upcoming changes with that in mind.
- Some may have noticed the recent trend on the Rift store to offer the latest mounts without releasing them inside of a lockbox, and you should expect more of that.
- As an advanced Soul Balance topic, revisiting the Eternal Weapons and their impact on builds.
- Planar Fragments, addressing their level of RNG and costs to upgrade.
- Warfront queue level banding is going to be getting a look in an upcoming test. The more level bands and warfronts there are, the longer queueing takes. Our goal here is to speed up the queues while keeping gameplay fun.
For more information, check out the full post here.