A brave new chapter in the Shadowbringers storyline for FINAL FANTASY XIV Online begins this week with the release of Patch 5.1: Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty.
Patch 5.1 marks the first major update for the MMO since the release of its critically-acclaimed third expansion, Shadowbringers, earlier this year, adding an abundance of new content including the first part of the NieR®-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid. Players will team up with android ‘2P’ to explore the 24-player raid dungeon, featuring a new story and unique battle encounters designed alongside guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO.
New content arriving with Patch 5.1: Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty includes:
- Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the acclaimed Shadowbringers main storyline.
- 24-Player Alliance Raid: “The Copied Factory” – Featuring Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO as guest creators, players will battle against machine lifeforms as they explore this new raid dungeon inspired by the world of NieR.
- New Game+ – Revisit previously completed quests, cutscenes, dialogue, and battles while keeping your current character and level. Patch 5.1 includes the main scenario quests for Heavensward™, Stormblood™, and Shadowbringers.
- Trial: Hades (Extreme) – Players can relive the battle against this fearsome foe in a high-difficulty battle challenge.
- Dungeon: “The Grand Cosmos” – Players can explore this great palace built by the Elves alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
- Beast Tribe Quests – Enter the fantastical Garden of Dreams, Lyhe Mheg—a new area featuring a new questline with more of the mischief-loving pixies.
- Job Adjustments – The ninja, samurai, and summoner jobs will receive comprehensive adjustments to their current playstyles, while other jobs will receive various smaller changes.
- Crafting and Gathering Overhaul – Various adjustments to actions, the removal of additional actions, UI improvements, and more will enhance the gathering and crafting experience for beginners and veterans alike.
- Gold Saucer GATE “The Slice is Right” – Yojimbo makes his debut at the Gold Saucer in this new mini game that will test players’ reflexes…and sheer luck.
- Patch 5.1 will also feature the introduction of the ‘Fellowship’ community system, updates to Performance Actions, system updates, and more.