SWTOR or Star Wars: The Old Republic, has announced that its next expansion is coming to the PTS soon. Onslaught will arrive in September 2019, and now’s the time for BioWare to get the testing done to receive feedback and improve the features that’s coming. If you want to get involved with the Private Test Server, here’s what you need to know about it.
This is the first round of targeted testing for the Onslaught expansion. That means, only specific features or changes will be tested each round. The current plan for round will focus on changes for a few of SWTOR’s classes.
Class Changes For Round 1
In this initial round SWTOR will be looking at changes to the Sorcerer, Assassin, Marauder, and Juggernaut Advanced Classes. These changes include new ‘Onslaught’ Set Bonuses, Tactical Items, an initial batch of Amplifiers, and the following new Abilities:
Volt Rush (Sorcerers) – Deals energy damage to your target and energizes you for up to 5 seconds. The Energize effect can stack twice, with each stack increasing Volt Rush damage by 30%. The ability has 3 charges and a recharge timer of 10 seconds.
Severing Slash (Assassins) – Strikes targets in a cone, dealing weapon damage and slowing their movement speed by 50% for 3 seconds. 12 second cooldown.
Furious Focus (Marauder & Juggernaut) – Furious Focus has 4 ability charges and recharges every 30 seconds. Activating Furious Focus consumes all charges causing your next attacks to do 25% additional damage. Ex: If you consume 3 charges, your next 3 attacks do 25% increased damage.
It’s important to note that the numbers displayed for these abilities are not yet final.
Rewards for PTS Participation
Back by popular demand, SWTOR are happy to announce the return of PTS rewards. However, not every round of PTS will track progress towards these rewards, so keep your eyes peeled for more PTS blogs in the future. This first round of PTS will not have a reward associated with it. Once we start the second round however, there will be a new PTS-only Achievement that will require you to complete five in-game group activities. When the third round arrives, BioWare will then have a similar PTS-only Achievement of completing 10 in-game group activities.
Completing these Achievements will earn you the following rewards:
- One of the two Achievements – The Strike Team Specialist and Strike Team Commander character Titles.
- Both Achievements – A new and very unique mount that will be revealed in a future PTS article.
*All rewards will be distributed with the launch of Onslaught.
How To Get Started
(Note that character copy will be disabled for this round of PTS)
- Create a new character and leave your starting phase to find a teleport terminal which will send you to Odessen.
- Click on the boost terminal on Odessen to jump your character to level 75 and grant you credits.
- Interact with the class-appropriate PTS Gear Vendor on Odessen to choose from a variety of Set Bonus gear and Tactical Items.
- Now test them out to your heart’s desire! Play any content you’d like to help get a feel for these changes and how they work. Whether it’s practicing on training dummies, random enemies in the wild, Warzones, or Flashpoints, the choice is yours! (Remember, most content has not been balanced for level 75 yet, so things will likely be far too easy or too hard.)